Thursday 6 December 2012

Thirst (1)

"We have another one!" Yelled the orderly. Now my strait jacket itches. It itches and smells. It reeks of blood. Is it his? The blood, is it his?

It tastes good. The blood. I nor be Damon or stephan. I just like blood.

That which courses through my veins and gives life to me.
I sat back, my back on the soft cushioned walls, to mull over how it had all gotten here. How I had stood naked before this pool of blood.

My naked body before my blood. Its deep dark texture just like my skin's. Dark. Darkness.
Darkness, please turn to light. Please.

It tickled. His beard. When we kissed it tickled. "Everything would be just fine" he said

A rusty fan spun somewhere far off. Muffled voices filled my head. My head! It aches. The darkness, its deafning.

"Oya stand here! Stand!"
That hot boiling cauldron. The heat. It didnt help. The baba tried, but the voices didnt stop.

The blood of a goat in my palms. I licked it.

He began to dance. To spin. He was in a trance. "Purge her!!"
Rather, the voices mocked me. They told me, the blood was my birthright. I had been chosen.

"Kiss me" I whispered. "Take off your clothes" I ordered.
He looked worried. "You don dey change oh, I cant anymore. I think you should face the realities on ground"
On ground? I was on the ground. infact at that point I was the ground. Flat on my back. Writhing in confusion.

Its what you are, who you are.

I bolted out of the room. To the next street. I needed release. Can someone turn off that rickety old fan?? Haaa! Abeg!
But to that room I returned, to claim what was mine. Him.
His blood was everywhere. It felt and tasted different. It tasted like sin. I wasnt sorry.
Did he know I meant to hurt him? I never understood why he understood so much.

The grime on the walls spoke to me: "Thats the cannibal" "what a beast"

There I stood. Blood on my hands, mud on my feet, emptiness in my soul.

"Sister, I need your help. Help me with wan human head abeg. I need money"
I helped him with his.
Darkness.........TBC

'DWN

No comments:

Post a Comment