Sunday 20 January 2013

Sun ré

Don't cry

don't cry

don't cry....

Error...! lol

Face full of tears and snot. I remember you today as I have everyday.

I wish I could talk to you again. Just one last time.

I miss you so much.

Mama your bébé is grown up. Your 'Dewunmi is all 'growed' up.

I remember holding your frail hands and your wise cracks about my untamed eyebrows. In the face of death you were still a comedian. I was your number one fan until the end.

It was hard. The first birthday, first christmas, new year, graduation. All without you. But here I am mama, years down the line.

I still miss you so much.

They said it would get better. But truthfully it feels just like yesterday. In fact it feels like its happening all over again today.

I honestly wish you were still here. But God loves you way more than I can ever love you.

I'm standing here at your favourite spot watching the rain drops making little ringlets in the puddles.

Watching those 'white-rose-like-plant-thingies' flourish.
I remember how you used to pluck one flower a day for my hair and tell me I was the most beautiful creature ever.

I hear you speak to me. I hear your smooth silky laughter.

I can feel you hold me. You tell me what you've always told me: "You'll be fine bébé..."

You were right.

You said you won't be able to speak to me as much from then on. You said you would always be with me.

I miss you so bad.

I remeber after you left, I would see someone who I thought was you in a crowd. I would chase the stranger down the street hoping it was you.

Hoping it was all a bad joke.

Hoping you were coming home later that night.

You never came.

I went from having strength to being frail and then I went to the Father. The One who comforts the sorrowed.

He told me you were fine. That He needed you to be with him.

He said to trust him.

I did.

I could swear I saw you yesterday. You sat right there on the wing of that 787.

Dressed in your african print boubou. A beauty to behold as the sun rose and cast its bright light upon your smiling face.

I heard you: "Adewunmi oyinlola oyemipo, ka ka ka ti n ya aja le nu... Sho o wa pa?"

The mischief, rife in your voice. LOL

If I had one more chance to see you I would just hold you.

I would just hold you to feel your touch once again.

There would be no need to speak. There would be no need for tears.

I would just hold you.

Through it all I have taken all of it to the Father. My hopes, dreams, tears...

He keeps telling me trust him and to hold on.

The one truest and greatest gift you left with me was the the knowledge of He that changeth not.

So mama here I am everyday sharing the lovely memories we had with anyone and everyone who cares to listen loool

I still don't know about that massive wedding you wanted, still on the hunt for 'le one'. -___- It's a jungle out there mama! Lol

But I'm here, I am now and I will never forget your words:

"Bébé don't ever settle for less than you are worth. You can do anything so long as your mind can conceive it. You can be everything and anything..."

I might have settled for less at several points in my young life. But that's why today comes once every year to remind me of all the values you taught me.

Everyday in my walk with the 'I AM', I pray that he fulfils all the dreams you had for me. And that in the hollow of his hands I attain all that I hope to.

I also pray that I grow to love and understand Him as fully as you've always wished me to.

Iya mi, sun re ó

'DWN

1 comment:

  1. I lost my original response to this but then I'll just continue. What can I say Aby? Trully baby, it is well and it will get better. I must say your mama did a good job. We say 'thanks to your father and your mother' for your beautiful face and figure, but more importantly, I thank God for the inner beauty that radiates out from within you, illuminating your face and giving a divine glow to all you grcaiously bless with your smile. Aby, your mom did a good job and I am sure she's as proud of you as you are of her. Keep the faith, hold on, and baby, you will be fine.Love always, Mummy Ajayi.

    ReplyDelete